Traveling is fun, but it can be super hectic if you are on an insanely long flight or car rides. No matter how long your travel time is you want to make it super relaxing and entertaining.
The longest travel time for one of the flights was 17 hours that was DOHA to Houston. It was crazy to be on the same plane for almost a day. Not to mention it took another 4 hours flight and 4 hours drive to reach the destination. Nevertheless, it was one of a kind “experience” for me.
That being said, during these long flights most of us may have experienced swollen feet due to sitting in the same posture for a long time. When you are traveling in an economy class and you cannot have the luxury of business class, you may want to think of something that can bring you at least a fraction of that luxury to make your travel easier.
I wish I had known about these travel accessories about 10 years ago.
Travel accessories you need for your next flight
Here are a few traveling essential accessories you want to have for the next flight to make your travel a breeze and more enjoyable.
1. Leak-proof Travel bottles and containers
There are chances you already have travel bottles lined up, but these ones are leak proof and you can just fill them up. You do not have to worry about anything messing up your luggage.
2. Airplane Footrest
Swollen feet is real discomfort for most of us. My feet get double in size while on a plane flight. You need this for a plane ride when you wish you can put up your feet SOMEWHERE at least. This footrest will help you keep your feet slightly elevated to give you a comfy sleepy ride on a plane.
In addition to that, you can also get travel compression socks for that helps with blood circulation throughout the flight. Especially if you are pregnant and traveling. Although it is safe to travel in pregnancy depends on your doctor’s advice still long hours flight is not going to be comfortable.
3. Luggage scale accessories kit
Overweight luggage can be a problem when you have to take out just a few Lbs of weight and adjust your bags right on the airport luggage check-in.
This luggage scale kit has everything you need for your luggage. It has name tags, weighing scale, straps, and locks to keep your belongings safe.
4. Cables organizer
If you are traveling with kids then this is something you need to keep everyone’s iPad charging cables, phone cables, adapters, laptop chargers, in one place. Also, you are not worried about entangled wires anymore.
Another way to keep your cable wires entangled free, you may want to use these Rubber twist ties. They can help you keep your charging cables organized and stress-free.
5. Space-saving compression travel bags
Clothes take up a lot of space in your luggage. Now the luggage size is pretty small that is why it is not easy to adjust all of your garments. These space-saving compression bags would help taking out extra air out of the bags, and make extra room in your luggage for more stuff.
6. Jewelry Organizer
If you are a jewelry lover, then you may want to take these with you while you travel around the world.
This is going to be super helpful and amazing for women and moms who have little girls. Girls accessories are so adorable you can’t get enough of them anyway.
You can also have Vlando Viaggio Jewelry box. It is compact, and it has three compartments so you can adjust your jewelry packing as you like.
7. Neck and leg pillows
I do not know about you but for me, comfort is the number 1 thing. I would choose comfort over style. However, this neck and leg pillow is not only comfy but also really cute. You can use this for neck support for long flights or car rides.
It is not only for travel purpose you can also use it at home, however you like.
8. Travel hangers
Are you traveling with a baby and other kids? You may need these travel hangers to air dry an outfit or simply hang in your next day outfits. Besides they are portable, foldable, they are in super cute colors that you are going to love.
9. Zoppen Multipurpose Passport wallet
I cannot emphasize this enough, if you want to have everything in one place while you are traveling, you need this. Zoppen Multipurpose wallet is going to save you so much sanity when it comes to keeping your passport and boarding pass safe on different TSA security checking for various flights and layovers.
10. Travel Laundry Detergent
No one wants to come back with dirty, smelly clothes on the way back. You need laundry bags to keep your messy garments separate. Imagine if you are traveling to the beach, how on earth you are going to protect your clothes from sand and salty water odor?
Sink Sud laundry detergents pack is something you need when you have to keep your clothes clean on the way back.
11. Poo Pourri Odor eliminator
We all need to go for our business even while we are traveling. So why not have this in our back to save yourself from the embarrassment of using a public bathroom or not be a source of discomfort for anyone.
Also for those who NEED water to keep your butt clean, this is a travel bidet for every bathroom trip to wash and stay refreshed all day.
12. Travel Mug
If you are a coffee or tea lover, a good coffee mug is truly a blessing. You may want to take one with you if you do not like to use the disposable ones.
13. Travel Cosmetic Bag
Hanging travel cosmetic or toiletries bag is going to save you so much space in your luggage as well as in your hotel room. It will help you keep everything contained in one place and you can hang it anywhere in your room.
14. Universal Travel Adapter
One of the challenges of traveling is what to do with a different socket. For instance, you cannot plug in US electronics in Europe or Asian countries without using a converter. There is a socket difference and this adapter comes in with charging ports and as well as various sockets for more than 150 countries.
15. Luggage organizers
Imagine your luggage is overweight for a few lbs and you have to open your luggage on the airport. What if your clothes are stuffed in there and suddenly, you get embarrassed for having everything all over the place?
To save yourself from such embarrassment, you need these luggage organizers that will keep your stuff in place and separate. Also, it will help you adjust the heavy item in your luggage.
16. Premoistened sanitizing Hand wipes
Do you know what is the dirtiest part of the aircraft? A study revealed that there are 5 dirtiest places on the airplane. Seat belts, headrest, washroom handles, seat pockets and trays.
Can you imagine traveling without sanitizing wipes on your next flight?
17. Bra Underwear Storage bag
The shape of your bra gets messed up when you stuff it in the luggage bag. You need this bra underwear storage bag to keep your undergarments in one place, safe, and easy to find.
18. Charging Dock for Apple watch
These days pretty much everyone has an apple watch. What to do when you have to charge it?
This little guy is going to make your life easy.
19. Travel Wrap and Blanket
Air flights can be severely cold for some of us. Long hours International flights provide you with blankets, but the domestic flights do not have blankets with them. So if you feel cold in airconditioned places, you need to take a blanket with you. This travel wrap is stylish as well as it serves the purpose of keeping you warm.
20. Vanity mirror with a charging port and lights
Women do need mirror no matter where they are. This vanity mirror has a light as well as it has a charging port. Hence, it’s a win-win.
21. Super Functional Backpack
When you are traveling, you need a backpack regardless. This is the one I have and it is absolutely amazing with so many pockets to organize stuff. You can put your laptop, iPad, etc, also it has an inbuilt charging port. Not only for traveling it is great for everyday use too.
22. A Good lightweight fully functional Handcarry
If you want to travel, travel light. This is super essential when it comes to traveling. You have to stay minimal in your belongings as well as super organized when you are on the go. This AmazonBasics Handcary is fully functional, lightweight hand carry that can be placed under the seat. Especially if you are traveling with kids, you need something for your kids every other minute. This will be helpful for you to keep it under the seat on your flight.
Travel tips for your air travel
- Travel with minimal luggage so you do not have to worry about taking a whole day to unpack and then pack again on your way back.
2. Keep every outfit planned for each day so you are not wasting time to decide what to wear and whatnot.
3. Keep your outfits in separate bags or ziplock bags. Especially for kids, you can use travel bags or ziplock bags to plan an outfit for each day.
4. Keep kids medicine in a clear bag or a zip lock bag for easy access for TSA security check.
5. Use freezer gallon size ziplock bag or compression travel bag to keep kids’ diapers, wipes, changing sheet, and diaper disposal sacks in one place.
6. Always take an extra bag with you when you go for a diaper change, you are going to need it in case of any blowouts.
7. If you are going for a few days, you can take your pills in a pillbox or a ziplock bag if you are not worried about day and time.
8. If you are traveling for months, then it makes sense to keep your toiletries in full-size bottles. However, if you are going for just a few days, use travel bottles and containers for everything that you use. It will save you space in your luggage as well as there will be fewer chances of any bottle blowout.
9. For using different locks on the luggage, do not forget to check the keys of every single lock and put them in a key chain so they do not get lost once you are at the destination.
10. When you are in a transit flight, always go and find the next flight terminal even if you have enough time for the next flight. This will save you last-minute stress when you are running late for your flight and you are still looking for the right airline gate number.