Running out of food ideas to feed your baby?
Are you tired of trying the same food daily with your 6 months old?
Is your baby picky?
Does he not seem interested in certain food textures?
What food can you feed a 6-month-old baby?
According to my baby’s pediatrician, you can feed a 6-month-old baby everything that you eat. but with softer textures, mashed, or how your baby prefers or seems ready.
Start with a cereal: Rice cereal and Oatmeal cereal, then slowly and gradually teach baby how to eat semi-solids.
Once your baby gets the hang of it around 6 months, you might want to know what are the different foods or combination recipes that you can use to feed the baby.
What are the healthier and nutritious food fusions with different flavors that your baby might like?
In this post, I will talk about the combinations I have been using with my son since he turned 6 months old.
As I try more foods with my baby, I will update the list as we proceed in our baby-led weaning journey.
Baby Food Recipe Ideas for 6 to 9 Months old babies
Here is a list of baby food options for you to choose from:
- Mashed Banana
- Mashed Mango
- Mashed strawberries are served in a silicon food dispenser.
- Boiled and mashed potatoes
- Boiled or steamed apples blended
- Peach softened and mashed
- Hard peach boiled or steamed/ blended
- Plum mashed ( make sure it is sweet- my son didn’t like it because of the sourness)
- Avocado Mashed ( he didn’t like it in the beginning)
- Brocolli boiled and blended with boiled rice ( More broccoli, less rice)
- Boiled and steamed Carrot blended with rice
- Peas, potatoes, and carrots boiled and blended
- Broccoli blended with oatmeal
- Mashed Mango with cooked oatmeal(blended) or oatmeal cereal
- Cauliflower with rice boiled and blended
- Cauliflower carrot and rice Boiled blended or with rice cereal
- Oatmeal with apple cooked and blended
- Avocado mashed or blended in rice cereal
- Rice or Oatmeal cereal mixed with any soft fruit.
- Spinach and potatoes boiled and blended mixed with rice or oatmeal cereal
- Strawberries blended or mashed with rice cereal
- Chicken boiled and blended cooked in oatmeal, rice or cereal.
- Sweet potato blended with rice or oatmeal
7 to 8 months old babies finger food ideas
- Small Croissant
- French toast cut in stripes
- Slice of Bread dipped in egg and cut in stripes for easy holding.
- Potato wedges
- Boiled broccoli
- Boiled carrots
- Avocado slices
- Sweet potato fries
- Offer grapes and blueberries, strawberries, plum soft fruits, and veggies in silicon food dispensers for easy feeding.
- Oatmeal / quick oats cooked in water.
- Oatmeal mixed with Mashed banana.
- Quick oats cooked with mashed mangoes.
- Oatmeal mixed with strawberries.
Note: You can add formula or breastmilk in oatmeal or fruits to improve the consistency of baby food.
- Banana, egg, and flour pancakes.
- Waffle or pancake mix with Banana waffles for breakfast.
- French toast with bread, egg, and milk. Make it sweet with a pinch of sugar
- Egg toast – toast dipped in egg with a pinch of salt to add some flavor.
- Scrambled egg.
My son’s pediatrician advised introducing peanut butter, egg, and fish (allergic vulnerable foods) earlier.
When feeding fruit purees, make it more calorie-sufficient and filling by adding a tablespoon of cereal to it.
Semolina pudding – semolina cooked in water and mixed with formula or breastmilk.
For fresh fruits and soft veggies, I highly recommend getting these silicon food feeders that are ideal for self-feeding.