Newborns get overwhelming for new parents. Newborns are fragile yet strong enough to make through the mom’s land to this world. Babies need a lot of care and attention during their newborn stage.
However, these baby care tips make it easy for new moms who are feeling overwhelmed with this new baby phase.
These simple, and easy to follow baby care tips are going to be a bible for new moms that need help with basic tips for baby’s first year.
If you are expecting a baby anytime soon, save this for later since it has everything you need to know about the struggles of a mom during baby’s first year.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
Newborn care tips for new moms and dads
Before I forget, I need to start with diapering tips.
Baby Diapering Tips
Diapering is an unavoidable part of parenthood. You cannot go diaper-less with kids until they are 2 to 3 years old. On average parents change 3000 diapers during their first year alone. 8 to 12 diapers a day.
You can always try to change an over-soaked wet diaper only while your baby is asleep without waking her up.
2. Do not change a dirty diaper while your baby is asleep unless the baby wakes up by herself.
3. While changing a wet diaper only, do not use cold or warm wipes in case of wet diaper only while the baby is still asleep. the touch of the wet wipe is most likely going to wake your baby up.
4. Use cell phone light or use a night light while changing a diaper.
Note: Diaper change in the middle of the night can only be possible if the baby is sleeping in her bassinet, toddler bed or co-sleeping. With high rails crib, it may not be convenient for moms or dads to change a diaper.
5. For babies who tend to toss and turn a lot while sleeping may end up having diaper leaks without getting fully soaked. You can use mattress pads or disposable changing pads on baby’s crib to deal with such kind of situations.
6. Make sure if your baby is a heavy wetter due to water or liquids intake, I highly recommend to have your baby(toddler) wear PJs or night trouser that are somewhat loose around the diaper area.
7. Tight clothes around the diaper area do not allow the diaper to reach its full potential of absorbing liquids. For heavy wetters, make sure you change diaper more frequently because, once it is oversoaked, there is a high chance of leaking
8. When your Well-fed baby cries at night it could be due to following reasons mainly
9. Keep all diapering essentials in your arm’s reach, decide where you want to change the diaper. It should preferably be a changing station with a changing pad.
10. This one is for dads: When diapering, make sure you have a picture side on the front and tabs side on the back.
11. The diaper should not be on top of the umbilical cord – use pampers for newborns which are curved for the umbilical cord.
12. Expect more diaper blowouts, while your newborn is more in a laying down position or in a sitting position. The best tips to prevent diaper blowouts are to size up, change frequently and do not delay diaper change for babies. However, for infants, you may want to wait for another 10 minutes to get everything clear out from inside.
13. If your baby is not sleeping well even after nursing good, she may need top feed in order to feel full.
14. I get a lot of criticism for giving out breastfeeding advice. To be honest, I can assure you one thing, if you want to exclusively breastfeed you can once you have enough supply. However, the starting weeks are rough And I would never advise you to starve your newborn baby when she is hungry and you are struggling With a milk supply.
15. Dehydration in newborn babies is a serious thing. Never starve your newborn baby.
16. There could be a number of reasons for delayed supply or just hormones are playing big time and you do not feel the energy to nurse, take your time and supplement if you feel the need to do it.
17. Nurse every two hours to establish a good milk supply.
18. If your baby seems to have a reflux issue and tend to throw up what she eats, that means she needs gradual feeding, after every feed, she needs to be in an upright position.
19. Wear the baby as it is the best way to keep baby upright while staying handsfree to get done with other chores. Reflux issues get better as baby grows.
23. Breastfeeding babies and formula-fed babies may show signs of an allergy too on something you are eating. It could be in the form of lactose intolerance, or bumps on the body may appear due to allergic reaction to something mom is eating. They may grow out of these allergies later in life.
24. Postpartum hair fall is normal when you notice the hair fall has started playing its game, maybe its time to increase baby’s feed or start introducing solids.
25. No matter when you start semi-solids with your baby, the best thing is when the baby gets the hang of eating solids, ENCOURAGE SELF FEED. no earlier than 7 to 8 months depends on how your baby reaching her milestones.
27. For newborns, wake up a sleeping baby to feed every 2 hours during the day and stretch night sleep to 3 to 4 hours depending on how well-fed baby is during the day.
28. Always try to swaddle for the first couple of months and see if that option works for you to get you and baby some sleep at night.
29. Do not wake up your sleeping baby to feed once they are well fed and sleeping for longer stretches at night. This will eventually help the baby get the hang of nighttime sleep.
30. Do not just have your baby laying down all the time. Adjust the baby’s head and keep an eye on head shape especially in the first three to 4 months after birth.
31. Babies who are laying down most times of the day, tend to develop flat spots. Keep flipping sides when putting baby to sleep.
32. Babies are born with a soft head and normally delivered babies may get elongated head due to pressures passing through the birth canal. In order to have a normal round-shaped head, babies have to be on their backs and remember, moderation is the key.
33. Do not create day and night confusion from day 1. Keep nights quiet and dark and days louder and brighter. This will help babies get on a night schedule faster.
34. If your newborn baby wakes up in the middle of the night hungry and wide awake, try not to talk or light up your room. Feed on demand and put baby down. Eventually baby is asleep. If you have to hold your baby for a burp, keep it quiet and dark. In order to set a sleep schedule for your baby, you need to avoid mistakes from day one.
35. Using a sound machine is a must for new moms. Either you are co-sleeping or room sharing or you have a separate room for kids, keeping a sound machine is a must. Besides other newborn needs like hunger, wet diaper or being cold at night, your baby will be able to sleep better without waking up to unnecessary sounds.
Things get better as long as you and your baby can sleep well through the night. I highly recommend using a sound machine.
If you are curious, I have been using this one for about 2 years. The rain sound is the best out of all and effective. It is affordable, portable and goes everywhere with us even work in different countries too.
38. No too many newborn shoes for at least 3 to 4 months. Once the baby starts sitting up or crawling, I would prefer having shoes.
Newborn baby clothes and shoes are so tempting that you hardly resist. Trust me, babies grow up super fast and if you are a savvy mom, do not fall for it. You can use that money on bigger shoes.
39. Onesies shoulder flaps are meant to prevent baby’s hair from blowouts.
40. Avoid using tight trousers or pants for baby as it may cause gas or prevent it from releasing out of the body.
41. While going out, dressing up your baby weather appropriate. Your baby may need just one extra layer than you are wearing. Either use a light blanket in summers or a car seat cover. During winters you need a warm car seat cover if you are staying outdoor for a while. Otherwise, a baby blanket would do just fine.
42. Always use the hat for the first couple of months irrespective of the weather. Newborns tend to lose body heat from their heads faster as the head is the largest part of the newborn body. Keeping body temperature normal is necessary.
43. Keeping newborn protected while you go out should be your top priority. Using canopy strollers or blankets to cover babies outside is essential from UAV and UAB rays of the sun.
44. Sunscreen is a must even for babies if you are staying longer outside.
45. Baby acne is a common skin condition in newborns, the best thing is to leave that alone. It is going to go away in a few days. Keep skin clean, and do not rub. However, you can still apply breastmilk as a lot of moms have been using it as a home remedy.
46. White bumps called “milia” appear on the baby’s nose and generally leave soon.
47. Erythema Toxicum is a splotchy, bumpy rash that appears shortly after birth and can be expected to leave in a week or so.
48. Heat rash is due to sweating which may result in small pink pimples on baby skin. Keep your baby cool and clean and make sure you clean baby’s neck fold and dry them thoroughly
49. Eczema is a skin condition usually triggers with fragrant products like detergents, body wash, etc. In case you see patches near the fold, elbows, arms, etc, talk to your doctor to get it evaluated.
50. Babies are vulnerable to get jaundice. Although mild jaundice goes away on its own in a few days still the best thing is to have your baby sit or lay down beside the window where you and baby can enjoy indirect sunlight.
Indirect sunlight is a quick remedy for treating jaundice. However, if you notice the persistent condition of skin getting more yellow, eyes, tongue, etc. you need to call the doctor right away.
51. Thrush is a mouth condition when a yeast infection travels to the baby’s mouth. This yeast will form white skin patches inside the baby’s mouth. You need to call your doctor when you notice any signs of thrush.
52. Diaper rash is the skin irritation and the best remedy for severe diaper rash if using mustard oil mixed with water. Also, A+D ointment works best for diaper rash.
53. Baby’s skin is soaked in water for good 9 months and once they are out, it most likely gets dry, cracked and peeling. Massage oil to prevent skin from getting over-dry.
Head handling Tips
54. Soft Spot handling: Parents need to be gentle when touching the fontanelles on everyday handling. A sunken soft spot is an indication of dehydration. Newborn Baby sleeping for longer stretches during the day or may seem lazy is also an indication of dehydration.
55. Cradle cap is the thick layer of skin developed on the baby’s scalp. The solution to dealing with cradle cap is massage baby’s scalp with oil and then scrape off gently with soft bristles comb.
56. Your newborn may be born with a head full of hair or no hair, however, there is a possibility of hair thinning out significantly in the next few weeks and then the real hair coming back.
57. Baby’s vision develops with a time of 3 to 5 years. Newborns can see fairly hazy to 8 to 12 inches and then within 3 months, they can not only see you also they are able to follow objects.
58. Newborn or natal teeth: In rare cases, newborns are born with too early teeth. If you notice something like this, you may have to get them removed.
59. A baby’s nasal passage doesn’t develop and open up the way It is supposed to be. However, they are obligated to breathe through their narrow little nose for about 3 to 6 months. This makes newborn breathing noisy due to dryness and stuffiness.
60. Sucking blisters: Babies may develop blisters inside their mouth due to frequent sucking. Sucking blisters will eventually go on their own.
61. Tongue-tied: Tongues are connected with a little tissue frenulum with the floor of our mouth. We are all born with frenulum but for newborns, this is extended to the tip of the newborn’s tongue.
This condition is harmless and generally requires no treatment. However, for some, it makes latching on breasts difficult that may lead to a small procedure to fix it.
62. Newborns do not shed a tear while they cry for the first couple of months. However, premature babies reportedly produce enough tears to coat and lubricate their eyes. Tears newborns make are not enough to roll down for the first few months.
63. Baby’s umbilical cord needs to stay dry to come off as early as 2 weeks and as late as 5 weeks (my experience too). Do not wet the cord while bathing. Sponge bath should work for the first few weeks as babies do not need frequent baths
64. Do not ever shake a baby even out of sheer joy as it could be fatal.
65. When you hold a newborn, always adjust the baby’s head with support of your hand as the newborn baby head is not stable enough until the baby is a few months old.
Baby soothing tips
66. For the first several months of a baby’s life, you should omit the possibility of spoiling. Newborns cry as that’s the only way they know how to communicate and once you hear your baby crying, it is highly advisable to promptly respond to their needs so that would send her a message that you are there to tend to her needs.
67. Moms get stressed out when babies are crying. You have to keep calm, take a deep breath and if needed take a break. If you are not ready mentally, emotionally or physically, take help from anyone available during that time, husband, or friend.
68. Put baby down for a little while safe and secure and compose yourself, as long as you are around, it doesn’t hurt the baby to cry for some time.
69. There are times when your head is spinning due to sleep deprivation or you may face other health concerns, Hold your newborn baby when you know you are in the best of your mental and physical state.
Money is the biggest deciding factor when you plan on having kids and starting a family. accept it or not, lack of savings haunt new parents. The fear of losing a job and not having enough money when it comes to providing can be very stressful for new parents.
Parenting is hard and having kids is expensive. frugal living gets really important for parents who are in low to moderate-income brackets.
Here are a few smart tips for parents to save money in the short and long run to have better saving for a better life for kids and for themselves.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
Money-saving habits that can benefit frugal living
This is the key to saving. Consumerism is the killer of your effective frugal ways of living. The best way is to have less stuff around so you will have less stress to maintain.
For instance, if you have too much furniture in your house more than you need, it requires more maintenance and more decor.
If you do not feel a connection or hold no emotional value to things at home, the best thing to do is PURGE.
2. Do not spend on unnecessary stuff
When you go shopping, you have to think twice, Do I even need it?
If you already have new baby stuff, there is quite a chance you have pretty much everything. Do not buy unnecessary stuff just because they are in the market.
If you have a reasonable dinner set at home, ideally you do not need it unless it is broken or it does not serve enough people.
3. Spend on useful stuff only
Have you ever been in a situation where you throwing up too much stuff finding it useless, although you have bought it with so much devotion?
My advice to you, if you have to spend even $5 or $500, spend it on something that is useful and it is going to add value to your life not just sitting in your closet making no sense to you at all.
4. Less Dine out
I cannot advise you to stop dining or eating out altogether, even though dining out is the biggest money killer.
I am so fond of restaurant foods and for me eating out once or twice a week is essential like I have to eat out to feel and think normal. Although eating out is the biggest sucker of your earnings and I am not going to say that you do not eat outside just to save money.
Occasional dine out is good for mental and emotional well-being, there are days when you want to relax too.
However, if you can MANAGE homecooked food most days then you should focus on homemade food to save a significant amount of money. You can still go for occasional dine in for kids’ birthdays. Best tip: keep a small money bank to save money biweekly to order a pizza etc.
5. Love to shop? – Go for grocery shopping the way you can enjoy
I don’t know about you, but I love to shop and sometimes just window shopping is enough for me. If you miss going on shopping and spending money, go for grocery shopping the way you going to enjoy just like a mall visit.
6. Spend wisely for your family
Do you like spending money? Saving is not your cup of tea?
I understand I have been there too.
My advice to you, spend your money wisely. Given your financial situation, if there is something you must have, set up your priorities and see you can compromise on what.
Let’s say if you want to get a car and you cannot get a luxurious car but you still want to have it. Figure out what are your priorities, like, enough space in the trunk, enough legroom, a number of seats, high ceilings, speed, etc. See in what price you can get your priorities set. If you can get all of this for $300 a month, why spend $600 for a mere show-off.
That being said, if you have to spend, spend wisely.
7. Return unused stuff
If you are on the journey of saving money and in search of frugal tips, return what you have in your closet with tags on and you are not going to use it.
Pass the date get the store credit to use for birthdays etc.
You can still get store credit for later use, to buy a gift later or sponsor your retail therapy.
8. Retail therapy
Going for a day out, and do a sweet tiny shopping is a great way to have your retail therapy.
If you have kids, obviously you do not want to spend too much when you have plans for saving enough for the future. I HAVE to shop in order to feel at peace, that’s just me. I used to buy a lot of unnecessary, too many clothes that I do not get a chance to wear.
So now I would just buy something that is useful for me during the day, at home, in kitchen or storage baskets to be more organized.
However, I suggest not to visit stores too often.
Money-saving tips for new moms
9. Make baby food at home and freeze homecooked meals
About 2 years ago a lady next to me in the queue at a local grocery store paid more than $400 for ready-to-use baby food for her twins. It could be normal for the family with twins but it is a lot to pay for food even if you are working or stay at home.
Baby food is expensive.
New moms might want to prepare a baby’s food at home and freeze it. With kids, a lot of food gets wasted.
You can get some awesome recipes if you have time to make and freeze meals at home.
10. Cloth Diapering for babies
Since using disposable diapers are pretty expensive and it is a continuous thing for about 3 years. In order to save all that disposable diaper money, cloth diapering is another frugal way to save a good amount of money. Although cloth diapering has its pros and cons and you end up paying for detergent and maybe laundry trips.
Do you know how much exclusively breastfeeding moms save money? The formula milk is super expensive for babies. If you are a new mom, the best way to save money is by exclusively nursing or use a combination feed.
Pregnancy is the most exciting time to start preparation and all that Newborn shopping seems so much fun. But let me tell you, DO NOT BUY too many clothes for the first year. Newborns tend to grow out of these within weeks and you hardly get to dress them up in three outfits a day.
Baby and kids shops have so many different products, In the beginning, just get what is essential for you and the baby. Do not get everything that happens to be available in the market.
If you are tight on budget and not tight on love, you still do not need wipes warmer unless you are living in a super cold climate where there is no heating system.
Also, keep in mind, you have to make space for everything you get for the first time in order to save it for your second child.
15. Do not buy too many toys that are the source of mess and increase your stress
Like I said do not buy too many toys when they are too little to play with, this doesn’t mean you just pile up toys in your home when they are young. Moderation is the best approach. Too many toys are overwhelming for moms. Not only it increases stress but also it is going to be pretty expensive in your pocket.
According to Says law “Supply creates its own demand.”
Do not fall trap of the things that are available in the market and you automatically feel bound to buy such products. make your life easy with less consumerism and more contentment.
Are you in the struggle of organizing kids’ stuff every other day?
Moms of little kids may find these tips helpful for organizing kids’ stuff when it is too much and overwhelming. Learn these simple and easy organizing hacks for baby’s clothing, kids jackets, shoes that need a designated place in your home. Also, how moms can organize kids’ toys. books depending on the space of your house.
For fairly small space, you can get ideas on how you can maximize your limited space with multiple kids and their stuff.
If you have too many kids’ toys, the best thing is to declutter and here is how you can do it.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
Easy Organizing hacks for kid(s) stuff
Regardless of how big or small, your space is, having too many things around you may increase your stress level.
The best approach is to stay minimalist with your stuff, too many things mean too much clutter. Although when you have kids, you may need a bigger space or a separate room to accommodate your kid’s stuff, still you need to be decluttering every two to four weeks to avoid the overwhelm and get rid of the stuff that your child has outgrown in a matter of few weeks.
When moms feel overwhelmed due to kids’ toys, clothes everywhere, these simple things will help moms keep motherhood organized and less stressful. However, it is highly advised to keep the configuration of your house in mind.
1. Use Wall basket for Lost socks
Install wall baskets in your laundry room and outside laundry room to track all your household lost socks.
2.Install Hooks on the entryway
Install basket or hooks for gloves and other winter wear on the entryway. This is the tree hall I have and it caters kids’ shoes, jackets, school bags everything. If you have space to optimize your entryway, then this is the hall tree you should get.
3. Wall hooks for hanging baby stuff
Ideally, you should install wall Hooks for hanging baby’s bibs, toys and other things that keep messing up your space.
4. Wall organizers for medicines
Babies are vulnerable to fall sick in the first year of their lives. You need a designated place in the kitchen cabinets for medicines. You have to make sure the medicines are not in your kid(s) reach.
For instance, you can use a wall organizer for baby receiving blankets, baby’s shoes, bibs, onesies, pj’s, bodysuits, baby’s diaper essentials. Small space rooms can save up a lot of space by just using these organizers depending on your room configuration.
Moreover, a wall or hanging door organizer can be used for multiple things like, for little girls who are fond of barbies. You can put Barbie dolls and other toys in there.
Organizer your kids’ small stuff toys in that wall hanging organizers.
As kids grow older, the best practice is to purge what you find unnecessary for your kids. Space-saving bins are your best friend when it comes to organizing kids room especially boys rooms who has the ultimate selection of cars.
8. Storing clothes for next season or for the sibling
9. Need to store clothes for the next season for siblings or expected baby, these bags can be helpful for keeping stuff safe
9. Bedside caddy to organize bed clutter
Do you do late-night feedings or you do not have a nightstand on either side of your bed, use this night caddy for easy access for the stuff you may need at night.
Bedside caddy can be used in kids’ dorm rooms, in their own rooms or even if they are sharing a room with siblings.
You can use bedside caddy to use for kids’ rooms, to put bedtime books, etc.
10. Drawer organizers for small clothing items like onesies
11. This drawer organizer can be used as a onesie organizer. Onesies are the best and the comfiest clothing essential your newborn has. Keeping all sorted in your drawers when you do not have hanging space in your closet.
11. Closet wall foldable drying rack
Are you aware of having multiple throw-ups and poop stains? well, sometimes you cannot just put everything in the washer right away. You gotta have this when it comes to air dry a few items.
You cannot go wrong by using mess bags for tinniest socks that misplace every wash. Lost socks are a problem of every household from infant to adult. Solve this issue by using these mesh bags.
Fill this mesh bag up for laundry so once your load is done, you have full pairs of socks safe in one place.
13. Storing kids art and crafts
do you seem to do crafts with kids and no place to keep it safe and reminding? These clear bins with lids can help keep everything organized and clutter-free.
14. Wall shelves
The moving wall shelves can be used to organize kids’ books in the reading section. You can also utilize wall shelves to organize kids’ other stuff like small cars that can be stored vertically. This can save up a lot of space and clutter.
This wall shelf you can get from amazon for kids’ room to have their book organizer in a space-saving manner.
15. Use a bench with drawers or bins underneath.
While you are setting up your kid’s room if you want to have a sitting bench or table for a sofa make sure it has storage to put away toys to have a better-organized room.
Instead of shoving your bags or girls’ bags under the bed storage, the best thing is to get these bags hanging storage to keep them safe so they can retain their shape, stay scratch-free for a long time.
17. Bath toys organizers
Do your kids play with toys while they take shower or bathe? You might want to get these bath toys organizer. This will help you avoid any moldy toys by keeping them dry.
18. Organizing Board Games
While kids are growing up, things keep piling up with new stuff. Some kids are fond of board games like monopoly. If you have a relatively small space, the best thing is to get a closet hanging organizer or cubby organizer to safely organize and store board games.
Do you want to plan an event that stands out, and you do not want to go broke paying for all that event planning services? If yes, then this post is for you.
Planning a birthday party for your kids, a friend or planning a small family event in a super affordable way may seem impossible, but it is not anymore.
Planning an event is a tough task, especially if you have a busy schedule and you may want to pay someone and get it done. Well, even that is okay if you have enough expense to celebrate a birthday and you are not worried about taking care of everything except paying the costs.
There are plenty of event planning services that are doing phenomenal events like birthdays, baby showers and so much more, but you can always think about saving money and plan a super fun themed birthday party or a baby shower for less.
However, if you do not want to spend too much money yet you want to have a beautiful themed party, then we have got you covered.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
How to plan a budget-friendly event for your kids
First, you need to know what event it is.
A birthday party
A baby shower
A bridal shower
Baby’s arrival celebration.
Baby’s first birthday
Then you need to decide if you want to follow a character theme or just a beautiful color theme like
Pro-tip: Making these garlands may seem intimidating, but it is not. It is easier than you think. All you need is an electric inflator. Everything else is included in the kit. You may want to save the rest of it for some other event in the family.
Cake serving dish is optional, and you may want to use or not. It totally depends on what kind of cake you are getting for the event.
Dessert table makes an event look more celebrated and needless to say, far more pretty than a regular cake on a table. You can check out some dessert table decorations for the dessert table according to your budget to spend on an event.
Cake, Cookies, and Candies
The cake is the biggest attraction for any event you plan. If you want a budget-friendly cake, that is not costing you half of your savings, I would highly recommend you to get a sheet cake from Wegmans.
Vanilla cake with Whipped cream and mixed Fruits is my most favorite. I am sure you can never go wrong with a mixed fruit cake.
Costco Sheet cake is easy in your pocket, not crazy expensive and sure is delicious.
You can either decorate sheet cake by yourself by adding your child’s favorite toy and make it colorful with edible color decorations.
Moreover, a cake topper is a must as your cake looks super fancy and gives a richer look at a less budget.
You can create cookies at home or get customized ones from local pastry shops. You can also get ready-to-go from Safeway, giant, Walmart, Wegmans, Target, whole food or you can get custom made as well.
Pro-tip: If you have an event at the end of the calendar year, you can still use leftover candy from Halloween celebrations.
Candy is one of the biggest attractions for kids and adults that starts with Halloween every year. Big events like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. New year Eve till valentine’s day, are all about candies.
No doubt, the fun of going trick or treat down the neighborhood is much awaited all year long. Some of the big stores and schools follow the tradition of trick or treat and distribute candies. In the end, it’s going to be A LOT of candies.
Of course, it is a lot of sugar, and kids do not want to think about it as they are too young to understand the ‘TOO MUCH SUGAR” thing.
As a parent, you may want to avoid too much candy for your kids however, at the same time, you do not want to deprive kids of Halloween fun.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
Ideas on what you can do with candies post-Halloween
Going trick or treat may pile up heaps of candies in your household and as a parent that would be the last thing you want your kids to eat all of their candies at once.
Moreover, you can save chocolates like snickers, Twix, Milky way candies for chocolate shakes as a morning breakfast or evening drink for kids, or to serve guests for a random weekend get together.
3. Save some candy for ice cream sundaes
If you are having a game night or a random party over the weekend, you can make ice cream sundaes in this mini dessert cups.
A couple of scoops of your favorite ice cream served with wafers and top it with a tiny piece of chocolate candy or m&ms.
4. Bake candy in cookies
You can look up some ideas of making M&m or chocolate candy cookies with Twix or Snickers etc. Either you use ready to make cookie mix or make your own from scratch, you can add whatever candy you like.
That is going to be a perfect snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
5. Bake some candy in brownies Or cakes
Use candies like M&Ms or other chocolate candy to make brownie mix and bake.
6. Decorate cakes
You can bake a store box cake mix, top it with whipped cream and spread candies on top or fill in cake layers with your favorite candy.
KitKat, Twix or M&Ms would be the best option for cake decorations.
For kids’ birthday cakes, get a sheet cake from Costco and decorate it with leftover chocolates and candies with a cute cake topper. Kids are going to love it. It’s a win-win.
7. Make desserts
Chop crunchy or hard candies in small pieces and mix them in the cream or not-too-sweet ice cream. Let it cool and enjoy the dessert with a little bit of whipped cream.
Mix Oreo cookies with cream or a corn starch milk pudding. Toss in some chopped candies and let the dessert cool in the refrigerator.
8. Make a Trail mix of m&ms with pretzels and nuts etc
A delicious healthy snack for Thanksgiving gift for your loved ones. Toss in some candies with a mix of cashews, peanuts, pistachio, almonds and fill up mason jars with a lovely thank you note.
9. Donate excess candies
You can also donate excess candies to schools or donate to anyone who is accepting candies.
10. Take it to the office
If you are a working mom, you can take it to the office or send it to your partner’s workplace.
11. Send it to the troops
Many families send the extra candies to the troops and you have to figure out who is collecting candies to send to troops.
12. Ask your doctors’ office if they accept candies
Moms may need to call the doctor’s office or dentist office and find out who is accepting candies so you can ask your kids to donate candies to their doctors’ office.
13. Save some for thanksgiving dinner
You may want to save some candy for the thanksgiving party. A candy buffet can be set up for any dinner or party and you can use these candy jar with scoopers to set up extra candy for the guests.
14. Save some for holidays desserts
Besides you can make candy desserts for holidays, you may want to fill up cute boxes with candies and send it along with your gifts to your family, friends, and teachers.
15. Make goody bags and distribute on upcoming events
Filling up goody bags with leftover extra candies with a tiny toy is a cute goody bag for kids.
16. Take out the candy that may trigger allergies
Although moms know what kids are allergic still you need to be vigilant. When you are using candies like peanut butter or something similar that people are might allergic too, you would want to take those out before you use in food or add an ingredient note.
17. Trade candy with toys
Your kids might be interested in giving away all that candy for their favorite toy. This is indeed an awesome idea to bribe kids not to eat too much candy.
18. Offer a healthy Snack or Protein bar
Next time when you open the doors for kids, you may want to give them a healthier snack like a protein bar chocolate-dipped fruits instead of a whole bunch of candies.
Last but not least, you need to be super careful about the expiration dates and best before dates on the candies before using and saving.
Have a sweet holiday season with an idea of making it sweet for others too.
Choosing a gift that is fun and educational for toddlers gets a little tricky. You need to keep the kid’s interest in mind while getting a gift for your loved ones.
Although kids love playing with toys still they get bored with their toys pretty fast. They anxiously wait for the whole year for birthday gifts or Christmas presents. The excitement of new toy gifts is something that cannot be denied.
While some parents or family want to buy expensive gifts for kids for Christmas or birthdays, however, some may not want to overspend.
This gift guide would help you choose the best toy for your loved ones that are budget-friendly, useful for educational and mental development, and also super fun.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
Best Gift Ideas for toddlers
Bike for one-year-old
This manual bike is so much fun for one-year-old babies. Babies love to move cars, trucks, bikes and that is what they enjoy the most.
If you are looking for a Christmas gift for a 1-year-old and up, this bike is perfect for indoor fun when kids are not being able to go outside for activities. Also, it is super helpful for an early walker.
A perfect gift for girls and boys to have a fun activity in the kitchen and be creative.
Fischer price serving truck
This Fischer price serving truck is a fun activity especially in winter when kids have to stay indoors. You can always choose this as winter birthdays for kids and holiday presents. Kids are absolutely going to love it.
Grocery Cart for kids
My kids loves playing with grocery cart. You would not regret getting this for kids as it is going to teach them how to maneuver it in real life.
Boys who love using tools and working on cars would absolutely love these workshop playset.
Hi -I am Madiha, mom to two beautiful kids. If you are a new mom or on your family journey, you can find helpful tips about pregnancy, postpartum, newborn care, toddlers and product reviews. Join the tribe and let’s grow together as moms. Enjoy having kids in our lives while they are little and more fun.
We are participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program. It is an Affliate advertising program designed to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affilaite links.